Download the badge and share your service project on social media!
What is the "Week of Service"?
No matter their area of study, background, or stage in life, Concordia University students serve. It’s part of our vocation as Christians. The foundation for service begins with a project during freshmen orientation week and expands throughout the lifetime of our students as they become alumni who serve in their communities, church and world.
Celebrate Your Service
Concordia University is proud to announce Concordia Week of Service during Spring Break 2016 (March 12-20). This is our opportunity to capture, share and celebrate all of the impactful things that our students are doing during that week to make the world a better place. Going on a mission trip? Cleaning up after a storm? Leading a bible discussion? We want to know about it! Share your pictures and your experiences at #CUServe.
The entire Concordia University community is encouraged to participate. Wherever you are the week of Spring Break, take some time to serve others and then share what you’re doing at #CUServe so that we can all enjoy the multiplied effects of our mission in action.
- Collect old eyewear for a local Lion’s Club
- Contact local pastor or church
- Donate and/or volunteer at a food pantry
- Donate blood at a blood bank
- Donate to a good cause
- Donate to Goodwill/St. Vincent DePaul/Army Surplus
- Help an elderly neighbor with projects
- Organize a neighborhood clean-up
- Organize a water drive/donation for Flint, MI
- Participate in a park/highway clean-up
- Pray for someone in need
- Request a bone marrow match kit (bethematch.com)
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter
- Volunteer at a women’s/family shelter
- Volunteer at Hospitals
- Volunteer at Nursing Homes
- Volunteer at a Veterans Service Office